In the passing week, key gauges ended in deep red, with Nifty and Sensex tumbling by around 4% each, amid bets on the US Federal Reserve`s faster rate hikes in 2022. US Federal Open Market Committee will detail its next policy statement on January 26.
• Retail inflation for farm and rural workers rose to 4.78% and 5.03% respectively in Dec’21
• New residential construction in the U.S. saw a notable increase in Dec’21
• Eurozone inflation accelerated to a record high of 5% in Dec’21
• The Bank of Japan has trimmed its pandemic related funding measures
• China’s economy grew by 8.1% in 2021 as industrial production rose steadily