In the passing week, markets witnessed sharp sell-off with Nifty and Sensex tumbling by over 3% each owing to sharp escalation in the Russia-Ukraine conflict as Russian President Vladimir Putin launched military operations in Ukraine in defiance of the West.
- India`s foreign exchange reserves declined by $1.763 bn
- Retail inflation for farm workers and rural labourer`s rose in January
- U.S. economy grew by 7.00% in the fourth quarter of 2021
- Eurozone inflation rose to a record high of 5.1% in January
- Fresh attempts by China to crack down on the private sector
- China`s central bank kept its benchmark loan prime rates unchanged