The first week of New Calendar Year turned out to be a cheerful one for Indian equity markets, whereby benchmark equity indi-ces puffed up gains of over two and a half percent. Investors hop-ing Covid-related restrictions to ease sooner-than-expected as Omicron variant looks less sever.
• Eight core infrastructure industries in India grew 3.1% in Nov’21
• India’s manufacturing activity eased to a three-month low in Dec’21
• India’s exports surged 37% on an annual basis in Dec’21
• The U.S. trade deficit widened significantly in Nov’21
• The UK manufacturing sector upturn continued in Dec’21
• China`s market regulator imposed fines against Alibaba, Ten-cent Holdings and Bilibili Inc